Friday, June 24, 2011

My first post!

Welcome to the new blog of this Koshy Mommy. I wanted to be Kosher Mama, but it was already taken so clearly my ideas aren't original :) In fact, my ideas aren't original at all! For the past several months, I have been reading a lot of blogs about budget planning, menu planning, and couponing. My two favorite blogs are currently Kosher on a Budget and Money Saving Mom. I love reading all their great ideas about how to save money and menu plan. But now I think its time that instead of just reading their great ideas, I put them into action (and *hopefully* come up with some of my own ideas, as well).

The main reason I'm writing this blog is because I think it will force me to stay on track with my menu planning and cooking endeavors. I hope that you enjoy reading about my adventures as a "Koshy Mommy" and that you share some of your tips with me, too!

This afternoon I'm going to do my first "freezer cooking in an hour" session. The idea came from Crystal at Money Saving Mom and I hope I can do it justice. The idea is to set out an hour for cooking and prepare simple items for your freezer. In a couple months, we will be getting a full-size freezer, so expect this part of my blog to grow.

Sorry if I'm rambling and disorganized, I hope to get better as we move forward! Is this even the website I should be using for my blog? Let me know if you have any other suggestions. Ok...I'm out...I'm going to print coupons off the Internet, head to the grocery store and then start my 1 hour cooking session! I will try to post again before Shab! Wish me luck...

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I'm excited to read your blog! As long as you don't turn up on TLC's Extreme Couponing :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but magruder's doesn't accepted printed out coupons. I was so disappointed when I had a coupon for rice crispies and they wouldn't accept it.

    ReplyDelete