Friday, July 8, 2011

My First Target Coupon Trip

Can you guess how much I spent at Target? Here's what I bought:

1 Up and Up Dishwasher Detergent
4 boxes Market Pantry Cereal
2 boxes Barilla Pasta
2 boxes Morningstar products
1 Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste
1 Oral B Floss

The retail value of all these items is $26.87 and I got them all for $15.18! Go me!

Ok, so it's definitely not extreme couponing, but let's be honest, those people get JUNK! All of these items we use on a regular basis, so I might as well buy them with cuopons than paying full price.

Here's the key to my success. Let other people do the work for you! There are hundreds (maybe even thousands) of blogs out there that give you weekly deal match ups for all different stores. They tell you what's on sale and where to find the coupons. For example, check out Hip2Save.

For instance, the Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste is on sale this week at Target for $2.49. There was a $1 off manufacturer coupon in the newspaper and an additional $1 off coupon that I could print. That means I got the toothpaste for only $.49! If you ask me, that's a pretty great deal!

Now, I'm not about to go around digging through people's garbage to take their newspapers, but these sales happen all the time. I don't care what kind of toothpaste we use, so I can just buy whatever's on sale when we need it.

So, over all - it was a great experience and I suggest you give it a go, too. Good luck shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment